As a Greenfields Exploration Geologist, you will be responsible for supporting the exploration team in identifying and evaluating gold exploration targets in greenfields areas. You will be involved in all aspects of exploration from project generation and geological mapping to drill program design and interpretation of results. The ideal candidate will have a strong interest in structural geology and be able to integrate this knowledge into the exploration process.
- Conduct geological mapping and structural analysis to identify exploration targets.
- Collect high-quality exploration data and interpret and report results.
- Identify new exploration targets and opportunities in cooperation with other team members.
- Assist in the design and execution of drill programs to test identified targets.
- Collaborate with other members of the exploration team to ensure targets are evaluated effectively and efficiently.
- Promote safe working practices and the Company’s environmental policies and procedures.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Geology (an MSc or PhD will be regarded favourably).
- Proficiency in structural geology and geological mapping.
- Some experience in supervising RC, AC, and diamond drill rigs, including sampling practices and QAQC.
- The capacity to work well with others in a small team.
- Ability to work independently and in remote locations.
- Good working knowledge of QGIS, ioGAS and Micromine.
- Current unencumbered West Australian ‘C’ Class manual Driver’s License.
This is a permanent, full-time role based in the West Perth office with frequent travel to exploration sites.
Shortlisting for this role will commence immediately and no agency referrals will be accepted.
To apply for this job please visit https://www.seek.com.au/job/72943375.